Improving customer service and profits… many companies make this so very complicated. Once you realize that you can design service into your processes, it makes much more sense. The magic happens when you’ve committed to the mindset and process required.
Here are a few strategies to get you started…
- Make sure that you learn and USE your customer’s names at least once during your conversations. Even if it’s when you say goodbye… it makes an impact and sends the feeling of a relationship. Example: “It was nice catching up with you today, Kristina. I’m looking forward to seeing you again soon.” “Thanks for calling with your question, Kristina. I’m always happy to help.”
- Take an objective look in the mirror and ask yourself WHY people should like to do business or work with you. If you can’t think of many, you may want to think of what you need to focus on to make working with you desirable. Remember the saying… If you want friends, BE a friend. This same concept holds true in business as well. Want more clients/customers? BE friendly and NICE. The #1 reason people stop doing business with companies is because they are treated rudely and indifferently.
- Go a little out of your way to show your customers/clients they are important to you and you value them. Ask them questions that show you care and are interested in what they are saying or about their industry/business.
- “The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.” – Jimmy Johnson
- Let them know in your conversation or email that you truly enjoy working with them and value their business. Most companies don’t do this and people notice on the rare occasion that it happens. This is your chance to stand out.
Remember to use these quotes and tips during…
- The beginning or ending of any and all meetings – leadership, management, and staff
- Company or team bulletin board
- Newsletter – either external or internal
- Daily and / or weekly emails
- Training sessions
I’d love to hear your thoughts and comments below!